Highly Specialised Clinical Physiologists – Neurophysiology
Band 7 £39,300 – £46,006 per annum
Full-time 37.5 hours per week
NHS Grampian’s Foresterhill Health Campus includes Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, Royal Aberdeen Children’s Hospital, Aberdeen Maternity Hospital and Aberdeen University Medical School on one site.
We have 3 posts available: 2 x Permanent & 1 x Fixed Term for 6 months (Maternity Cover)
The Clinical Neurophysiology Dept provides comprehensive Adult, Paediatric and Neonatal services to all patients of Grampian region, also including patients from Orkney and Shetland Islands. (Catchment Population 630,000)
Our busy, friendly, well established, Clinical Neurophysiology Department delivers a wide range of specialised and highly specialised clinical services including:
- EEG (including Adult ICU / HDU)
- Paediatric HDU and Neonatal ICU
- Sleep EEG (adult sleep deprived / paediatric melatonin sleep)
- Ambulatory EEG (adult & paediatric)
- Adult Video Telemetry EEG Monitoring
- Paediatric Video Ambulatory EEG / (New Paed VTEM service imminent)
- CFAM in adult ICU and Neo-Natal ICU
- Physiologist Led Carpal Tunnel Screening Clinics
- Evoked Potentials (VEP, SEP, BAEP)
- Intra Operative Neuro Monitoring – Multimodality monitoring of brain, spinal and brainstem neurosurgical cases
The successful candidate will be experienced and competent in all investigations performed. You will contribute to the effective delivery of high quality services with participation in service development. Supervisory experience and involvement in training of student physiologists to BSc level will be an important aspect of the role. CPD is encouraged and supported.
Band 6 Specialist Clinical Physiologists wishing to develop their career will be considered.
Aberdeen is a vibrant cosmopolitan city, with two universities, offering city lifestyles with beautiful countryside and dramatic coast on our doorstep for outdoor pursuits.
Travel is easily achieved by direct flights, train or bus across the UK and beyond.
Enquiries should be made to Wilma Gerrie, Service Manager, Clinical Neurophysiology Dept on 01224 552228 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please visit https//:apply.jobs.scot.nhs.uk and search for Ref No BC030118.
Closing date 28 October 2020. Interviews will be held on 18 November 2020.