Aberdeen Royal Infirmary
Highly Specialised Clinical Physiologist, Neurophysiology (2 Posts)
Band 7 £32,013 – £42,205 per annum
Full-time 37.5 hours per week
Based in the Neurosciences Department at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary these posts are offered on a whole time basis.
Aberdeen’s Foresterhill Health Campus includes Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, Royal Aberdeen Children’s Hospital, Aberdeen Maternity Hospital and Aberdeen University Medical School on one site, providing comprehensive Adult, Paediatric and Neonatal services to all patients of Grampian region, also including patients from Orkney and Shetland Islands. (Catchment Population 500,000).
Our busy, well established, Clinical Neurophysiology Department delivers a wide range of specialist and highly specialist clinical services including:
– EEG, (including Adult ICU / HDU, Paediatric HDU and Neonatal ICU), Sleep EEG (sleep deprived / melatonin sleep)
– Ambulatory EEG (adult & paediatric)
– Adult Video Telemetry EEG Monitoring
– Paediatric Video Ambulatory EEG, CFAM in adult and neonatal ICU
– Physiologist Led Carpal Tunnel Screening Clinics
– Evoked Potentials (VEP, SEP, BAEP)
– Intra Operative Neuro Monitoring – Multimodality monitoring of brain, spinal and brainstem neurosurgical cases
The successful candidate will be experienced and competent in all investigations performed. You will contribute to the effective delivery of high quality services with participation in service development. Supervisory experience and involvement in training of student physiologists to BSc level will be an important aspect of the role. CPD is encouraged and supported.
Band 6 Specialist Clinical Physiologists looking to develop their career will be considered.
Aberdeen is a vibrant cosmopolitan city, with two universities, offering city lifestyles with beautiful countryside and dramatic coast on our doorstep for outdoor pursuits. Travel is easily achieved by direct flights, train or bus across the UK and beyond.
Informal enquiries should be made to Wilma Gerrie, Service Manager, Clinical Neurophysiology Dept on 01224 552228 or e-mail email@example.com.
To apply please visit www.nhsgrampian.org/jobs and search for Ref No CR18373. Closing date 20 December 2017.